Effective Date: March 23, 2015
Personal Information Collected
We collect personal information by either asking you or using technology such as cookies when you register with or visit our Website. Personal information is any information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, email address or phone number, and any other information that is associated with your name. If you are a registered ZQI customer, we may link automatically-collected data to the personal information we collect to help us customize your experience on our Website, and improve our service to you. We collect information from you by either asking or using technology.
Here are some examples of the personal information that we collect by asking:
- We may collect information relating to your devices, including your browser type and IP address.
- If you order products from us, we will need your shipping address, billing name and address, your FFL number if you are a distributor, as well as your credit card number and expiration date. In addition, we may collect the name of your business and your professional title. If you contact our customer services agents, you may also provide us with personal information.
- From time-to-time, ZQI may give you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests or surveys on our Website. If you participate, we will collect certain personal information from you. Participation in these sweepstakes, surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information.
- You may be able to review our products on the Website. Any reviews will be public so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
- From time to time, we may acquire additional information about our customers from third parties, such as the U.S. Postal Service. We may link this additional information with the existing information we collect about our customers.
By Using Technology:
We use technology to collect personal information from you.
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. They make it possible for us to store the contents of your shopping cart until you are ready to check out, recognize your browser when you visit the Website, and provide you with information about products that interest you. By doing this, we can personalize your return visits and save you time during checkout. It is possible to prevent cookies from being used on your browser by turning the feature off. However, if your browser is set to reject cookies or you manually delete cookies, you may have trouble accessing and using some of the pages and features that are currently on our Website, including your account, or that we may put on our Website in the future.
- Web Beacons. If you receive emails from ZQI, we may use web beacons to allow us to track whether you have opened the message and whether you have clicked on links contained in the message. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. As you enter our Website, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
- Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information within ZQI for the following general purposes:
- Fulfill your requests for information, products and services from us
- Improve our services to you
- Customize the advertising and content you see on our Website
- Contact you
- Recognize you when you return to our Website
- Tell you about updates to your account, products, and services
- Answer questions and respond to your requests
- Make our Website easier to use
We use de-aggregated or de-identified information, such as that pertaining to web or mobile pages you have viewed, in order to analyze trends, track user’s movements, provide a better user experience and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not use this data in a manner that would identify you personally. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal information of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we remove or change (e.g., hash) certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Generally. We do not share or sell your personal information to any third party outside of ZQI without your consent, except to third parties who help us serve you (e.g. our vendors and service providers), or as set forth below.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful or suspicious, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful or suspicious activity.
- Required or Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or if we need to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or another entity surviving such a transition.
You have the right to modify your member account information or marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. For example, you can opt in or out of receiving future communications from us about special offers and new product information, or unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.
We do reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the products and services we provide, such as service announcements and administrative messages. We do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications.
You may terminate your ZQI account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your personal information may remain in our archived records after your account has been terminated.
Security of Personal Information
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to help us protect your personal information. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your credit card information when you purchase products and services through our Website. While we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
Your California Privacy Rights
Individual customers who reside in California and have provided their personal information to ZQI may request a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties and their corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which the information was shared, along with their names and addresses.
Such requests must be submitted to us in writing at the address below:
10950 Rockfish Valley Highway, Suite B & C
Afton, VA 22920
Other Third Party Website
How We Communicate With You
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.